Looking for something unexpected to wow the kids? Here are 10 gift ideas with a local twist.
For Your Little Princess…
Cute collab alert: British designer Rachel Riley (a favorite among the littlest royals like Prince George and Princess Charlotte) has teamed up with Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World to bring to life storybook-inspired styles that are perfect for the holidays. From party dresses to casual sets, all of these whimsical designs are subtly inspired by your favorite Disney princesses. All you need to top off the look is a tiara!
Available at Fable Boutique at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World.
For Your Gamer…
Head to Max Action Arena, ICON Park’s latest attraction, for a day of adventure:
• Experience Zero Latency VR: You’re the hero of your own video game in an arena that blends virtual reality with real-life action.
• Explore the Adventure Rooms: Check out the themed rooms that have stories ranging from alien abductions to CSI-style sleuthing.
• Take Aim: Try your hand at axe-throwing to reveal who in the family is the number one lumberjack.
• Go on an Interstellar Escape Room Adventure: See if you can repair your rocket ship in time to leave an alien planet before getting trapped in space.
For Your Skill-Builder…
Tie-Mates, a local small business, has made it their mission to teach kids how to properly tie their shoes. Their learning kits include a pair of fun shoelaces (that can be transferred to sneakers), a practice shoebox, a certificate of completion and more. This clever product is an easy way to practice tying skills and build confidence to step out of Velcro kicks.
For Your Book Worm…
Christmas Island, a song by The Andrews Sisters, inspired 13-year-old Paulina Senges to write and self-publish a festive story about two friends and their imagination. Paulina collaborated with an illustrator from Puerto Rico to bring her ideas to the page. She also published a Spanish version of her book entitled La Isla de Navidad. Plus, Paulina donates a portion of the proceeds from her book sales to charity. A holly jolly read indeed!
Amazon.com | email@example.com for an autographed copy
For Your Tiny Swimmer…
Make a splash with a present from Goldfish Swim School Winter Park. The holiday package includes a $250 gift card for two months of swimming lessons (plus the registration fee) along with adorable goodies like plush toys or books.
For Your Teen…
It’s a fact: Teens are hard to buy for. However, if you have a middle or high schooler who’s a voracious reader, then we have a gift idea for you: Writer’s Block Bookstore’s Young Adult Subscription Club. Simply fill out a survey about your child’s interests, and a new release (along with a surprise gift!) will be delivered to your door each month. If the book isn’t a good fit, you can return the selection within one week of receiving.
Writer’s Block Bookstore in Winter Park and Winter Garden
For Your Budding Astronaut…
Have an out-of-this-world evening by booking an Observatory & Planetarium Private Experience at the Orlando Science Center from now through March 11, 2023. The night kicks off in the planetarium with a journey through the galaxy. Then you’ll visit the observatory, where the museum’s resident space experts will guide your crew in a telescope demonstration, complete with a spectacular view of the Orlando skyline.
For Your American Girl Lover…
If your child and their American Girl doll are attached at the hip, here are three ways to treat them both at American Girl Orlando at The Florida Mall:
- Holiday Teatime: Besides sipping and snacking on tasty treats, this tea party includes a craft and a hot cocoa surprise that kids can take home as a gift.
- Doll Hairstyle of the Month: Switch up your doll’s do by visiting the salon monthly for a styling session. The hairstylists will even provide tips for recreating the look at home.
- Festive Fashions: American Girl teamed up with children’s retailer Janie and Jack to create a collection of matching outfits for girls and their dolls.
For Your Social Butterfly…
This phone purse isn’t just cool to look at — it actually syncs up to your phone! Simply connect it with your iPhone, pick up the receiver and chat with your friends!
Tugboat and the Bird in Winter Park
For Your Mini Fashionista…
Do you have a budding fashion designer on your hands? Private sewing lessons from Sew Fairy Fun make a fabulous gift. As long as you live within a 30-minute drive from Casselberry, the instructor will come to your house and supply everything you need, from a sewing machine to fabric customized to your child’s taste and more.