Attention All Central Florida Residents: You can stay health in mind, body and spirit from the comfort of your own home.
The YMCA of Central Florida launches its Virtual YMCA Wellness Center to provide free, fitness-streaming platforms and wellness resources to both YMCA members and the general public for the foreseeable future. As YMCA facilities have temporarily closed and many Central Florida residents are working from home due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Y has been diligently working to build and move resources online to help the community stay connected, active and healthy.
- The Y’s best classes and top instructors are now available at home through YMCA360.org. The free on-demand programs include classes like Boot Camp, Barre, Yoga and low-impact programs for seniors. The Y plans to release more exercise classes and activities for adults and youth throughout March and April.
- The Y partnered with Les Mills to provide on-demand, group exercise classes that include 95 workout options, including BODYPUMP®, Yoga Flow and Born to Move, a program that keeps children ages 2–16 active.
- Y instructors are offering Facebook Live fitness classes, including yoga, cardio, strength, high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and more.
- Residents can try nutritious and simple recipes and speak with a virtual chef for expert advice on eating healthy.
- The Y is providing chaplain support and a virtual prayer wall to keep the community united in faith.
- Enrichment activities to keep children active and having fun at home are also available.
For a list of all virtual resources, visit https://ymcacentralflorida.com/virtualwellness/.
During this unprecedented time, the Y remains committed to providing the community with valuable resources to stay healthy and active from any location. The Y is actively teaching online classes; creating recipes using ingredients with a long shelf life; providing tips to boost immunity; and hosting livestreams of church services that previously used its family centers to congregate.
The Y’s services to the community are not limited by its facilities. Visit the Y’s community support page for updates on how the Y is helping Central Florida stay strong and how residents can get involved.
About the YMCA of Central Florida
The YMCA of Central Florida is one of the area’s largest nonprofits, serving more than 360,000 Central Floridians per year through a focus on Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. With a Christian-based mission to improve lives and communities, it operates 22 YMCA locations across Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Brevard, Lake and Marion counties. This mission is expanded beyond the four walls of the Y through community-based programs to combat chronic disease; boost children’s after-school safety and learning; and strengthen neighborhoods. To learn more, visit ymcacf.org and follow on Facebook or Instagram.