Orlando Museum of Art
Spring Break Camp: Time Travelers
March 15 and 18–22
Create your own timeless masterpieces as you travel through time and space in this adventure-filled camp! Each day, campers visit a new country and time period to discover art-making traditions from around the globe. Daily rates are available. omart.org
Orlando Science Center
- K–2: Adventurous Adaptations –Have you ever wondered why a zebra has stripes? Or why an alligator has so many teeth? Get answers to these questions and more as we step into the role of junior biologists to explore the exciting world of animal adaptations.
- Grade 3–5: No Bones About It – Travel through time and excavate Florida’s past! Become an anthropologist for the day and learn to survey land, set dig sites, and collect data to uncover the mysteries of history.
- Preschool: Construction Junction –Calling all budding engineers and architects! How does a structure stay balanced or work with gravity? Can we construct a bridge or building using magnetic tiles, water noodles or popsicle sticks? We will challenge our creative side to construct buildings, bridges and communities for people and animals.
- K-2: Turtle Trek –What’s the difference between a turtle and tortoise? Become a turtle expert and discover their amazing physical adaptations, swimming speed, and powerful shells. At the end of our journey, you will become an ectothermic conservation expert!
- Grade 3-5: Superhero Science –It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Superhero Science! Harness the power of the elements, master magnetism, and race to super speeds. It’s the science behind super powers!
Save the Earth Spring Break Camps
This spring, Cranium campers will have a blast learning how to reduce, reuse and recycle as they begin their quest to save the planet! Each day, children will take on special projects that will introduce them to recycling activities that include creating art using reclaimed items. Interactive games on the learning station will allow children to use their math, reading and critical thinking skills to discover the impact that we each have on our planet. Whether using their energy on a recycling relay through our inflatables or indoor gym, or exploring renewable resources in our outdoor playground, campers will love going green on their mission to save our planet!
Full day, half day, extended day, and individual day options are available. craniumacademy.com
Central Florida Zoo
- Ages: 5–8 –The call has gone out for ZOOper heroes as we work to save endangered species around the world. What can we do? It’s ZOOper Kids to the rescue! Joining forces with Team Zoo, we’ll take a behind the scenes look at animals that need our help. Campers will enjoy games, crafts, activities, and meet some special animals up close, as they discover what a big difference they can make!
- Ages: 9–12 –All aboard the Safari Express departing the Central Florida Zoo! Campers will spend a fun-filled week traveling the world on a wild safari adventure. They will journey into the heart of new and old world continents exploring lands, culture, and animals. Crafts, games, activities, animals will make this a trip to remember.
Orlando Repertory Theatre (The REP)
- Grades K–2: Intergalactic LEGO Adventure –Everything is awesome as you and your team travel through space to save the city of Bricksburg and the entire Universe from the Duplo invaders and Sweet Mayhem. Students create an original story through carefully structured creative play. The camp concludes in a presentation on the final day!
- Grades 3–8: Little Mermaid Puppetry –Experiment with building puppetry from found objects and then perform with those puppets in scenes and songs from Disney’s The Little Mermaid. Combining visual arts with musical theatre, students create and perform a completely unique and exciting version of this classic movie and Broadway show!
RDV Ice Den
- Learn to Skate –Camp includes private ice for group class instruction, flexibility class, on-ice games and supervised public skate time. Skaters must be at least 6-years-old to participate. This camp is recommended for skaters who are Beginner through Delta level of our Learn to Skate program. Extended Care can be purchased separately through Kid’s Stuff in the Athletic Club.
- Figure Skating –Camp includes two freestyle sessions, stretch class, conditioning class and a power skating class. This camp is designed for skaters who have passed Freestyle 1 and who are currently taking private lessons and skating Freestyle Sessions. Skaters must be at least 7-years-old to participate.
Artist in Wonder Spring Break Camp
Students explore meaningful ideas and processes that help them investigate the world around them through the elements of art while, most importantly, having lots of fun. Different themes and media are explored with an emphasis on the process over the final product to allow creativity to flow freely Each day will begin with mindful body movement and yoga. For ages 7–12 years old. artreachorlando.org
Edible Education Experience
Emeril Lagasse Kitchen House & Culinary Garden
Kids 10-15 will learn how to make brunch favorites like crepes, breakfast potatoes, eggs, fresh pressed juice and make-your-own fruit jam to bring home. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.