November 17, 2019 12:00 am
WonderWorks Orlando is offering a special Sensory Day event on Sunday, November 17, 2019. This event provides those with special needs the ability to explore, learn, and have fun, with many of the exhibits being adapted to provide guests more comfort. Tickets to the event are $10 for everyone.
“WonderWorks is normally quite a sensory overload, so we are delighted to host these limited stimulation days for those with special needs,” says Brian Wayne, general manager of WonderWorks Orlando. “It creates an environment to enjoy the facility without feeling overwhelmed. We host several of these Sensory Days throughout the year, and each one is well received by our guests attending!”
WonderWorks’ Sensory Days program aims to give those with special needs a chance to explore the indoor amusement park with modifications to help make it more comfortable for them to do so.
To help make WonderWorks sensory friendly on this special day, guests can expect:
- All exhibits will be altered to provide limited stimulation for children and adults with special needs.
- The music throughout the facility will be lowered.
- All exhibits that are generally considered to be loud will be turned off.
- The inversion tunnel at the beginning of the attraction will be shut off.
- The focus of the event will be to create a safe and comfortable environment and experience for guests with special needs, so they can enjoy it all without feeling overwhelmed.
WonderWorks in Orlando is an adventure that tourists and locals can both enjoy. The indoor amusement park is open 365 days a year from 9:00 a.m. until midnight every day. WonderWorks features a glow-in-the-dark ropes course, laser tag, 4D XD motion theater, magic comedy dinner show, and the Wonder Zones, which include interactive exhibits about natural disasters, space discovery, light and sound zone, imagination lab, the Far Out Art Gallery, and a physical challenge zone. With over 35,000 square feet of “edu-tainment,” the attraction combines education and entertainment with over 100 hands-on exhibits. To get more information or purchase tickets, visit the site at: https://www.wonderworksonline.com/orlando/.