With the new update to Orange County Public School start dates, Orlando Science Center is now offering a Specialized Learning Track for OCPS students during their extended summer camp offerings on August 10-21.
Beginning on August 10, this specialized learning track will include:
- Single and multiple day options from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Staff support for student’s virtual learning via LaunchED
- Facilitated learning environment with small learning pods
- Individual school supplies required for lessons will be included in registration
- Device accessibility through BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) or use of Orlando Science Center student computers (rental fee not included in tuition)
- STEM Enrichment provided at the conclusion of the virtual learning day based on camp theme
- Lunch (can be purchased separately through OSC’s food partners)
- Supervised outdoor recess in Loch Haven Park
Caregivers should register their student online for one of the existing extended summer camp offerings available at www.osc.org/summercamps. Once campers are registered, caregivers should call Orlando Science Center’s registrations department at 407.514.2112 to have their camper placed on this specialized learning track for OCPS students. This offering is included with extended summer camp registration fees. Please know that space is limited.
In addition, all Orlando Science Center’s extended summer camp options are now available for grades K-5 to support the needs of our community’s families during this time. From August 10-21, we are offering single and multi-day offerings from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. so families can pick a schedule that works best for them. STEM virtual camps have also been extended for opportunities online for campers who can’t physically attend Orlando Science Center’s onsite.
More details on all summer camps (current and extended) can be found here: www.osc.org/summercamps
Info on extended STEM virtual camps: www.osc.org/virtual-camps
Caregivers with questions can call OSC’s Reservations Department at 407-514-2112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.