My name is Genevieve Bernard and I’m the producer of Kids Fringe. The Orlando Fringe Festival is my favorite time of year, and Kids Fringe has a special place in my heart. Our Kids Fringe team has worked hard to put together a super-fun, interactive festival with something for everyone! Below I’ll share my suggestions for How to Kids Fringe.
Kids Fringe is located inside and outside of the Orlando Garden Club at 710 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803. The Garden Club is located behind the Orlando Shakespeare Theater, convenient for visiting the big Fringe festival after you’ve had some Kids Fringe fun. Also, the Orlando Fire Museum is opening their doors on Saturdays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. just for us, so take advantage of the opportunity to see a restored fire engine from 1926!
How To Kids Fringe:
- Check the Kids Fringe Facebook for up to the minute information. You can also find the schedule on the Orlando Fringe website: orlandofringe.org/kidsfringe
- Plan which day you are going to visit, or go all four days! Kids Fringe is 10 a.m.-2 p.m. each day.
– Saturday, May 18: Rainbows, Love, & Community
– Sunday, May 19: Pet Fringe!
– Saturday, May 25: Earth is Awesome!
– Sunday, May 26: Fringe is Fun!
- Park at the Florida Hospital Garage (2328 Alden Rd, Orlando, FL 32803). Parking is FREE on Saturday and a small fee on Sunday. Or you can park at the Orlando Garden Club-limited amount of spots.
- Walk down the sidewalk to Kids Fringe at the Orlando Garden Club (710 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803). It’s a pleasant 4-minute walk.
- Arrive at Kids Fringe, only 4 minutes later!
- Come into the Garden Club! Check the board for the daily Kids Fringe schedule, the family-friendly shows at Fringe and other fun stuff.
- Explore Fringezilla’s Mainstage, where you’ll see shows by Fringe performers, local artists and animals.
- Participate in a workshop and learn to drum, sing, bellydance, and much more!
- Make some cool art projects in Craftland, learn to say hello in another language, meet a professional puppet builder and more. March in our parade to the big reveal at our Art Wall.
- Bring your change for water, healthy snacks and ring pops. We’ll also have an ice cream truck. We’ll have Color your own Fringezilla T-Shirts for $5. Cash only!
- Plan your Big Fringe excursion! Check out a family friendly show. Here’s a link to the Big Fringe program: https://orlandofringe.org/2019program/
Kids Fringe has cool stuff for everyone (including parents) and every day is different. Join us for some Fringe-y fun! I’ll see you at Kids Fringe.