Getting kids to eat healthy has always been a challenge for parents. Let the Orange County Library System (OCLS) help you bring healthy snacks and eating habits into your home. Our programs and wide variety of children’s cookbooks will have your little one eager to try new foods.
Check out a cookbook to explore with your child.
- “Chef Gino’s Taste Test Challenge: 100+ Winning Recipes that Any Kid Can Cook”
By Gino Campagna
This fun book is filled with colorful photos, enticing recipes and easy to follow cooking instructions for kids.
- If you want to try foods from around the world pick up one of the many books in the “Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks” series.
Attend a Little Chef or Cuisine Corner Junior program at the Orange County Library System.
The OCLS cooking programs are a fantastic way to introduce preschool and elementary aged children to cooking and to further their skills when they are helping you. In these programs, they will learn about kitchen safety, using a recipe, measuring, tasting and presentation of their food creations. Everyone will leave having learned something new while smiling, laughing and having a great time.
Upcoming Program Schedule:
Cuisine Corner Junior
- Birthday Bash: Alafaya Branch- Saturday, February 1, 12:45 a.m.
- Edna Lewis’ Apple Crisp:
Fairview Shores Branch- Monday, February 3, 4:30 p.m.
Hiawassee Branch- Wednesday, February 12, 4 p.m.
South Trail Branch- Monday, February 17, 4:30 p.m.
- I Dip, You Dip, We Dip:
– West Oaks Branch- Tuesday, February 18, 5 p.m.;
– Orlando Public Library Branch- Thursday, February 20, 3:15 p.m.
– South Creek Branch- Saturday, February 22, 2:30 p.m.
– Winter Garden Branch- Wednesday, February 26, 3:30 p.m.
- Strawberry Yogurt Parfait: South Creek Branch- Wednesday, February 5, 10:30 a.m.
- Ladybug Cupcakes: Orlando Public Library Branch- Friday, February 14, 10:30 a.m.
- Red Light, Green Light:
– Winter Garden Branch- Tuesday, February 18, 10:30 a.m.
– North Orange Branch- Tuesday, February 18, 11 a.m.
– Herndon Branch- Thursday, February 20, 10:30 a.m.
– Windermere Branch- Tuesday, February 25, 10:30 a.m.
Other Food Programs
- Food Discovery Chocolate and Confectionaries: South Trail Branch- Wednesday, February 12, 4:30 p.m.
- Bite Out of History Victorian Tea Party: Windermere Branch- Wednesday, February 26, 2 p.m.
Watch OCLS’s online calendar for other programs or sign-up to receive their E-newsletters at ocls.info.
Registration required for these programs. Any person requiring special accommodations to participate in any class or event due to a disability may arrange for accommodations by contacting the location at which the event is being held at least seven days prior to the event.