Tasting the holidays has never been sweeter!
‘Tis the season for boards! If you’re looking for a fun yet festive option for your next playdate or sleepover, create a hot chocolate station that both kids and adults will love. It’s the easiest way to sip your way into the holiday spirit.
Step 1: Gather up all your servingware and hot chocolate ingredients.
- A flat board or platter
- Small bowls
- Mugs (bonus points for festive ones!)
- Hot chocolate mix
- A selection of your favorite hot chocolate toppings
Step 2: Place the hot chocolate fixings on the board.
- Start with something large, like the bowl of hot chocolate mix, and work around it, adding smaller items last.
- Chocolate candies, peppermint sticks and different flavored marshmallows are go-to items to dress up your drink, but feel free to get creative or let your littles choose their favorite sweet treats to add to the mix.
- Don’t skimp on the cookies! They work well as a filler and are great to dip into your mug.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Finally, heat up some milk in a slow cooker or electric kettle nearby, and you’ll have a delicious hot cocoa ready in no time. Choose your mug, add your toppings, and remember, you can never have too many marshmallows!