Keep the kids busy this summer while traveling with our No Sew Socktopus Craft that’s easy to make and sure to put a SMILE on everyone’s face.
By Shannon Wolfgang
Grab those old socks that are missing their mate, and turn them into this cute and creative craft. No sewing is involved, and they make a fun little activity to do with the kids.
• 1 Sock
• Googly Eyes or Sticker Eyes
• Hair Ties
1. Gather all your supplies, and let’s begin by adding stuffing to your sock. You will need as much or as little as you’d like. We are making the head of the octopus, so it’s up to you if you want it small, big, or medium-sized.
2. After your octopus head is the size you desire, take a hair tie or two and tie it off. This way it will separate your head from its body.
3. Now it’s time to make its tentacles and the rest of the octopus’ body. You’re almost there! Start by cutting from the bottom. Cut a strip to your head to make thin slices of material. You should have eight or more thin pieces of sock to look like tentacles in the end!
4. We found adhesive googly eyes, so this makes it easy to create the face on your octopus. Next, take your black marker to draw on the nose (if desired) and mouth. Attach your googly eyes to the head and you’re done. You just completed your very own socktopus without even sewing!