Shiver me timbers! Grab your pirate attire, fly your Jolly Rogers and gather up your scallywags for some swashbuckling good times. Here are five ways to celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day, here in Orlando, on September 19th:
1. Take the family out to Pirates Dinner Adventure on I-Drive! This interactive pirate-themed dinner theater show is sure to have the whole family talking like a pirate by the end of the night.
2. Putt your way through Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf, which offers a unique experience of meandering streams and marauding pirates. There are two locations in Orlando.
3. Calling all young buccaneers: Bring your crew for family-friendly themed programs and activities (games, crafts and more) from September 19 – September 22, 2019 for Pirate Week at Orlando Science Center! Be ready for adventure, comradery and all kinds of sea-faring shenanigans. Families are invited to don their best pirate costume for this event! You’ll also be able to make some accessories at the event to add some flair to your costume.
4. Build a pirate fort right in your own backyard (or living room!), and then hunker down for a pirate-themed movie night featuring these classics:
- Pirates of the Caribbean – All five fantasy films take you on a journey with Captain Jack Sparrow and his band of bumbling pirate friends!
- The Goonies – “Hey, you guys!” This family classic follows a band of misfit kids on their search for One-Eyed Willy’s pirate treasure. They encounter some typical teenage trials and some super greedy bad guys along the way.
- Muppets Treasure Island – Looking for something for the littlest barnacles? The Muppets take to the high seas in search of buried treasure in this classic that your littles will surely love.
- Movie night isn’t complete without snacks. Work together to prepare these treats fit for any buccaneer!
– Pirate’s Booty baked rice and corn puffs
– Goldfish Crackers
– Chocolate Gold Coins
– Swedish Fish Candies
– Hot Dog Octopus
– Cap’n Crunch Cereal
– Pretzel Sticks (aka “peg legs”)
– Fruit Kabob “Swords”
5. Take a road trip to the St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum to see the world’s largest collection of authentic pirate artifacts and treasures. This place will entertain everyone in your brood! It will be well worth the drive.