Shiver me timbers! Grab your pirate attire, fly your Jolly Rogers and gather up your scallywags for some swashbuckling good times. Here are five ways to celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day, here in Orlando, on September 19th:
1. Take the family out to Pirates Dinner Adventure on I-Drive! This interactive pirate-themed dinner theater show is sure to have the whole family talking like a pirate by the end of the night.
2. Putt your way through Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf, which offers a unique experience of meandering streams and marauding pirates. There are two locations in Orlando.
3. Build a pirate fort right in your own backyard (or living room!), and then hunker down for a pirate-themed movie night featuring these classics:
- Pirates of the Caribbean – All five fantasy films take you on a journey with Captain Jack Sparrow and his band of bumbling pirate friends!
- The Goonies – “Hey, you guys!” This family classic follows a band of misfit kids on their search for One-Eyed Willy’s pirate treasure. They encounter some typical teenage trials and some super greedy bad guys along the way.
- Muppets Treasure Island – Looking for something for the littlest barnacles? The Muppets take to the high seas in search of buried treasure in this classic that your littles will surely love.
- Movie night isn’t complete without snacks. Work together to prepare these treats fit for any buccaneer!
– Pirate’s Booty baked rice and corn puffs
– Goldfish Crackers
– Chocolate Gold Coins
– Swedish Fish Candies
– Hot Dog Octopus
– Cap’n Crunch Cereal
– Pretzel Sticks (aka “peg legs”)
– Fruit Kabob “Swords”
4. Take a road trip to the St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum to see the world’s largest collection of authentic pirate artifacts and treasures. This place will entertain everyone in your brood! It will be well worth the drive.