Just in case the Tooth Fairy forgets to come, this list of reasons may come in handy!
It glistened in the soft morning light, the single tear that fell from my 8-year-old daughter’s eye as she stood in our bedroom doorway.
“Mommy, she didn’t come!” she breathed despondently. Then that single tear turned into a torrent.
Oh, fudge… The Tooth Fairy didn’t come last night!
“Uh,” I stammered in reply, elbowing my husband awake.
“What happened?” he mumbled.
“The Tooth Fairy didn’t come last night,” I replied.
“Oh, fudge,” he said. Only he didn’t say fudge.
We sprang out of bed, soothing our daughter (and each other) with hugs and reassuring words. There HAD to be a good reason she didn’t come, we told our daughter.
10 Reasons Why the Tooth Fairy Didn’t Come Last Night:
- The dew was too heavy. Her wings got wet, and she couldn’t fly.
- The Tooth Fairy was on vacation, and the substitute Tooth Fairy didn’t know what she was doing.
- She couldn’t get to your pillow due to your messy room.
- Too much traffic. She’ll leave earlier tonight!
- She was sick.
- Spreadsheet error. Your tooth was projected to come out on Friday, so she wasn’t ready when it came out on Monday.
- The Tooth Fairy likes snacks. Leave one out tonight, and she’ll probably come.
- Oh, look, she dropped the money on the floor over there! She must have wanted you to keep your tooth as a souvenir.
- You probably woke up and scared her away, even if you don’t remember doing that.
- She ran out of money and will be back tonight. She’s a tiny fairy, so she can only carry so much.
My daughter seemed to calm down after she spent the day listening to our reasons why the Tooth Fairy did not come. All was made right with the world the following the morning when, hallelujah, the Tooth Fairy DID come.
We got the inside scoop from the Tooth Fairy’s Tool Kit: Tooth fairy bags, stamps, letters, certificates and more! Check it out here.